Matheson Café - Food & Dining
Lake Matheson Road, PO Box 86, Fox Glacier, Westland, New Zealand
Right by the entrance to the famous Lake Matheson walkway the café enjoys pristine views of New Zealand's highest peaks, Aoraki / Mt Cook and Mt Tasman. Specialising in breakfast, brunch and lunch with award winning dinners in the high season. A trip to Lake Matheson is a must for all visitors to Fox Glacier.
Matheson Café is a breakfast, lunch or dinner experience not to miss when visiting Fox Glacier and Franz Josef Glacier. We have the best views of Mt Cook & Mt Tasman and food to match. The restaurant has been built in 2008 with plenty of space for inside and outside dining so everyone can capture the alpine vista. We pride ourselves on fresh and interesting food, great coffee, quality service and a wonderful location.
Breakfast, lunch and gourmet pizzas are on blackboard menus and change to suit seasonal ingredients. Deli style sandwiches, cakes, pies, cookies, salads etc are in our counter display cabinets, and all products are made on site.
Our evening dining (November - March) provides an opportunity to enjoy some award winning cuisine, sample some New Zealand wine or beer and relax before or after a walk to Lake Matheson or after your day on the Fox Glacier or Franz Josef Glacier.
Facilities & Services
- Recipients of the NZ Beef and Lamb hallmark of excellence awards 2008
- Situated to the left of the Lake Matheson Walkway
- Open from 7.30am until late November - March, and 8am until 4pm March - October
- Bookings are welcome and essential for large groups and tours
- Quality espresso coffee
- Highlighting fresh seasonal ingredients
- Unlimited parking for cars campervans & buses
- Wheelchair access
- Children’s menus